Tommy Bartlett Exploratory – Interactive Science Center
Inspire your imagination at the Tommy Bartlett Exploratory in Wisconsin Dells! This interactive science center is for adults and children of all ages, and has over 175 hands-on activities that will not only stretch your imagination and challenge your mind, but provide you with tons of family fun!
Experience virtual reality, simulator excitement, mirrors, magic, puzzles, holograms, scientific wonders and space exploration!
• Test your strength with our Giant Lever and lift a 5,000-lb. vehicle off the ground!
• Tour an original Russian Space Station MIR, the only one in the world that is open to visitors, and see where astronauts worked and lived in outer space.
• NASA’s Mercury Space Capsule gives you a close-up look at the pod in which America's first space explorers blasted off to space and then splashed into the ocean as they landed back on Earth.
• The High Wire SkyCycle takes its riders 12 feet into the air and balances them on a bike trail – the thinnest in the world. (Seasonal, weather permitting)
• The Virtual Sports Center invites everyone to participate in various games and sports through computer generation and an imaginary environment.
• The Bridge of Fire, created by Van de Graaff in the 1940s, teaches you about the static electricity generator. It is a hair-raising experience and is one of the most popular exhibits at the Exploratory.
The Tommy Bartlett Exploratory is open daily, year-round. Summer: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Fall, winter & spring: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Planned Activities