Ditch the jackets and strap on the sandals because summer 2014 is officially here! Summertime means hotter weather, which means simple layers and minimal pieces to create style with. However, for summer 2014 that’s perfect because simple but chic is what this year is all about!
- Flowy Shorts – Jean and colored shorts are has-beens, opt for something more comfortable this season like flowy shorts. Made out of softer materials, often embellished with lace and held up by drawstrings rather than belt loops, these shorts are breezy and carefree just like summertime! Wear over a basic tank to make them a statement piece or take the trend to the next level with.
- Flower Child – This next trend would look fantastic with flowy shorts, further adding to the flower child look. Bohemian shirts are the trendiest way to incorporate this trend. Look for something with big sleeves, flowing shirt edges, and/or paisley prints. You can wear these tops with plain or frayed jean shorts as well.
- Embellished Shorts – While frayed jean shorts might work well with the flower child trend, embellished jean shorts are where it’s at this season! For those of you jean lovers out there, flowy shorts are not the only trend this season, so don’t worry. Embellish with rhinestones or studs, on the front pockets, leg holes, or back pockets, a little goes a long way with this trend! Just this bit of personality can give the simple look some easy pizzazz.
- Simple – A flowy tank and bandeau top or something a little more form-fitting, shorts (high-waist or regular), and some sandals or sneakers, and that’s all you need to look trendy this summer. What makes this look so great is these are all things you likely already have in your closet so you don’t even need to spend any money to look fashionable!
- Crop Top – These just keep getting shorter and shorter, so if you’re feeling brave this summer, rock a crop top with some high-waist shorts or a skirt for a sassier version of the simple vibe. A really fun version of this involves a print or embellished crop top and a high-waist flare jean skirt for a retro meets modern sort of vibe. Add some strappy wedges and you’re ready to hit the town.
- Rompers – This trend has been around for a while now but seems to get an update every season and this summer is no exception. This summer’s look is pant length rompers with tank top sleeves. Plain colored or patterned, either one works well for this look. If you look fabulous in rompers then be sure to try the newest ones this season!
- Peek-a-boo Pumps – Lace has also been a long-standing trend over the past few years and now its transformed into shoe. Show off those summer pedis with an adorable pair of peek-a-boo pumps. Rather than plain, colored or patterned pumps, the use of lace fabrics makes more of a statement and is the perfect way to give pumps a summery vibe!
- Pink – Pink is the new orange (sorry fans of Orange is The New Black)! Seriously though, this is a trend Elle Woods would be very proud of. The pastel pinks from spring get a boost as the weather heats up. From dresses and tops, to skirts, handbags, and shoes, shades of bright pink and bubblegum pink will be everywhere this summer for a girly and fun season!
- Curve Hugging Tank Tops – This is a must buy this season because it’s such a basic piece that will go with everything! Buy a tank in pink and rock it with embellished shorts for an incredibly trendy, simple summer outfit. They also look great paired with a high-waist skirt and peek-a-boo pumps for a fashionable day to night look
- Statement Embellishments – This trend can look somewhat gaudy so it’s probably best to wear out and about at night. Picture a plain dress embellished with incredibly large rhinestones and you’ve nailed this trend. Whether you go for a statement top, skirt, or dress, all heads will be turning as you outshine anyone in the room wearing this look!
One thing’s for sure, this summer is going to be hot, hot, hot! So get shopping everyone and save at Tanger Outlet Mall in Wisconsin Dells where you’ll find designer brands and the latest fashions for outlet prices! For more ideas on summertime fashion, visit our Summer Fashion Lovin’ board on Pinterest!