More and more families are spending the holidays in non-traditional settings. Many are turning a one day holiday into a week or a weekend vacation. Wisconsin Dells is a perfect choice for such a getaway with stunning natural beauty, indoor theme and water parks, and a wide variety of dining and entertainment experiences, all conveniently located in one region.
If you are thinking about a holiday trip as opposed to a few hours at Grandma and Grandpa’s, consider spending time in Wisconsin Dells. In fact, you might as well bring Grandma and Grandpa along!
There is no lack of Christmas spirit or atmosphere in the Dells. Wisconsin Dells itself is decorated brightly and the resorts have really spruced up for the season. You’ll find the common areas of these resorts beautifully appointed for the season. If you want to carry that spirit into your personal room, that is entirely up to you. There are things to keep in mind, however, so here is a list of “The Dos and Don’ts of Hotel Room Decorating for Christmas”.
- -Don’t be afraid to bring a small artificial, pre-lit tree.
- -Do take the time to decorate even just a bit. It will add to your experience.
- -Don’t hang items from ceiling or sidewall fire sprinkler outlets.
- -Do pre-wrap any gifts you bring for each other so you can enjoy your time here.
- -Don’t bring a live tree into your room.
- -Do take advantage of highly decorated common areas.
- -Don’t use real flame candles in your room.
- -Do find out what festivities your hotel or resort offers during the holidays.
- -Don’t attach decorations to the walls or doors with nails, screw or tacks.
- -Do take your decorations back home with you to enjoy next year!
- -Don’t forget that you are ultimately responsible for any long-term damage to the room.
While none of the resorts we talked to has specific holiday decorating policies for hotel rooms, they did encourage participation in many of the special events that surround the holidays. These include things like visits from Santa, story-times, cookies and milk, gift deliveries from elves and more. They also encouraged common sense in your individual room decorations. Make sure you can freely move about your room. .
Come and enjoy the beauty of the holidays with us in Wisconsin Dells. Bring a small artificial tree, don’t forget the eggnog and remember to bring Grandma and Grandpa along!