Every New Year brings new and exciting things to The Dells, especially in the summertime! Events, attractions, restaurants, and more, plan your trip to Wisconsin Dells today to experience what all the buzz is about.
Alabama Dixieland BBQ and Suds
Opened in March of this year, Alabama Dixieland brings a taste of the south to Downtown Dells. Walk into an antique, barn like setting that will warm your heart as well as your taste buds! The owner Sam Rotolo’s mother was from Alabama and considered a master chef who passed her knowledge on Southern foods to her son. Their meats are specifically cut to reduce fat before being smothered in Alabama Dixieland’s one of a kind BBQ sauce. Don’t forget to add some favorite southern sides such as catfish nuggets and cornbread with honey butter! A meal of comfort food favorites from the south awaits you at the new Alabama Dixieland BBQ and Suds.
Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt
Also opened in March, Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt brings a tasty and healthy treat to the area! The “ultimate dessert experience”, Orange Leaf aims to serve you the “best froyo ever tasted”. Conveniently located near Tanger Outlet Mall and several waterpark resorts, Orange Leaf brings you a unique experience everyday as the flavors and toppings are constantly changing! The bright colored walls and friendly staff are just a bonus as you stay cool this summer with a refreshing cup of froyo in Wisconsin Dells.
Frozen Bear Self Serve Yogurt Shop
Scheduled to open in May, Frozen Bear will be located in the heart of Downtown Dells and will offer tons of self serve frosty treats including: yogurt, gelato, gelati (custard & Italian ice), sorbet, custard and much more!
Additions to Wilderness Resort
- OK Corral Lazer Tag underwent a bit of an extreme makeover lately, buckle up for this crazy Wild West adventure! Now two stories and 4,000 square feet of lazer tag madness, two teams of up to 15 players will face off in the middle of the town square. Practice beforehand in the Marshall Training Lazer Maze where you might just be promoted to deputy.
- Featuring 12 electric cars, Wilderness Go-Kart Trail is 525 feet of indoor, action packed track just begging for guests to test the speed limits and push the pedal to the metal!
- Adults will love the new swim-up bar, Margaritas! Located in the middle of all the waterpark madness, parents can kick back and relax with a couple of drinks while the kids splash around nearby.
- Last but not least is the new Klondike Boardwalk! Ready for lunch or just looking for a tasty snack? You’ll discover Yukon Yogurt, Klondike Kate’s Libations, and Klondike Pizza Kitchen as you stroll down the boardwalk.
Wisconsin Brew Pub
Beer, cheese, and cranberries oh my! New to the Dells as of March and previously Damon’s, Wisconsin Brew Pub proudly highlights all that the great dairyland state has to offer. The overall feel of the restaurant boasts a “casual Wisconsin neighborhood tavern atmosphere” for a dining experience that’s both fun and tasty.
Ghost Boat: Journey to Haunted Canyon
Only the most daring should sign up for this chill inducing adventure! Journey through the dark winding passages of Cold Water Canyon where nightmares come to life. You’ll be lucky to make it out alive…
Woodside Sports Complex
Opening this summer, fans of baseball and soccer will love the six brand new synthetic turf baseball fields and 10 pristine soccer fields. Ideal for tournaments, the new outdoor complex will be located on Highway 13, just north of The Dells
Great Harvest Bread Co.
Opening soon in Downtown Wisconsin Dells, Great Harvest Bread Co. has over thirty years of experience baking whole grain breads. Stop in for a snack, a dinner side to go, a sweet treat, and more! With such a wide variety, bread lovers will be overwhelmed with all the delicious choices.
Driftless Glen Distillery
Not quite in The Dells but close, Driftless Glen Distillery is opening along the Baraboo River in May. Using locally grown grains, they will distill whiskey, vodka, moonshine, gin and bourbon. Pair one of their one-of-a-kind drinks with their melt in your moth wood-fired pizzas for a delectable combination!
Spring Wine Walk
Who doesn’t love wine? There are only a few tickets left, available for purchase at Alpha Beta Karma, to Wisconsin Dells’ hottest spring event taking place Friday, April 25th! With the purchase of a ticket, participants receive a commemorative wine glass to use for the event and a punch card/map to use as a guide for participating businesses and their locations. Over 20 Downtown Dells businesses will be participating, each featuring a different white and red wine along with sales, snacks, special events, and more.
The beloved lakeside restaurant, nestled on a cliff in Lake Delton, across from the famous Tommy Bartlett Show, is now open for the season! Under new ownership for 2014, Ravina Bay will feature an all new menu that includes: their unique charcoal grilled wings, signature burgers and sandwiches, house made pizza, and some very refreshing salads for summer.
Anne Marie Fashion House
Anne has been sewing and honing her love for fashion since the young age of eight and received her Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fashion Design from the Illinois institute of Art: Chicago. She recently opened her own studio located at S248a County Road A in Wisconsin Dells and specializes in all your fashion needs from alterations to full-fledged customized design pieces.
The following establishments have new locations for 2014:
- Green Owl – Now located on Highway 12 where Mark’s Bar used to be.
- Pizza Ranch – Now located next to the Mobil Gas Station on Highway 12.
- Two Brothers – Now located at 1031 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy, next to Carousel Inn & Suites.
- The Meat Market – Is opening a new location in Lake Delton this year near the Crystal Grand.
2014 Dells.com Coupons and Savings
- Coupon Book – Over 600 coupons and more than $20,000 in savings in the Wisconsin Dells/Lake Delton area, as well as across Wisconsin. You won’t find deals like this anywhere else!
- Super Splash Pass – Exclusive 2-for-1 deals on Dells area attractions, dining, and golf with over 190 offers and $1,800 in savings!
- 2-for-1 Golf Card – Enjoy the most pristine golf courses Wisconsin has to offer while saving over $950!
- 2-for-1 Beer and Cocktail Cards – What could be better than buy one get one free cocktails and beer? With over 40 Wisconsin Dells locations participating, there’s no better way to party in The Dells!
Doggy and Me Exercise Class
Cleverly dubbed “Dog Gone Workouts”, Pet Retreat has paired with local trainer Charmaine Gary to bring you and your dog a duo workout class that will have you both panting at the end! Choose from the circuit training class or the core class, or both, and get ready to work your tails off.
Mr. G’s Chicken Shack
Opening this month in Downtown Dells, chicken lovers can enjoy their favorite meals carryout or delivered! Choose from fried, grilled, BBQ or spicy wings and more; as well as sandwiches, appetizers, wraps, salads and cold drinks.
Marley’s 1st annual Winterfest took place this January and was a fun-filled afternoon! Snowmobilers and non-snowmobilers alike gathered for a day of games, raffles, food, and memories with family and friends. Hopefully this event will continue in 2015.
Parks & Rec Winter Festival
Another new event in January this year, Parks and Rec Winter Festival took place at Bowman Park and was an ideal family event! Those in attendance enjoyed: snowshoeing, sledding, ice sculpturing, gingerbread house making, experiencing Jack Wax, enjoying s’mores, and delicious concessions provided by High Rock. Another event we hope occurs again in 2015.