Love to polka or always wanted to learn how? The 3rd Annual Wisconsin Dells Polka Fest and Expo is taking place Friday, April 25th through Sunday, the 27th at Chula Vista Resort. A thrilling line up of polka bands from across the country, music workshops, dance lessons, and more, it’s sure to be a fun-filled weekend!
The event kicks off Friday at 5:30 p.m. and will be an evening solely for musical entertainment so you can dance your socks off well into the night! Saturday the doors will open at 11:30 a.m. with bands playing until 4:30, when the polka-dancing lesson begins. The lesson is free and the teachers will turn you into a polka pro in no time. The doors will re-open at 5:30 for another night of music and endless dancing. The bands will be back at it Sunday morning at 11 until about 5 p.m.
The band lineup includes:
- Lenny Gomulka & The Chicago Push
- Jeff Mleczko & The DynaBrass
- The Maroszek Brothers
- The Jolly Zuk Brothers
- Gennie “O” & The Windy City Brass
- Eddie Biegaj – The Best of Eddie Biegaji
- Darrell Weltin’s New Brass Express
- Lenny Zielinski’s “D” Street Band
- Neal Zunker & The Music Connection
- The Polish Connection
- If dancing isn’t your thing or you happen to wear the soles off your dancing shoes, there will be music lessons and jam sessions taking place all weekend long as well! Friday evening, Saturday morning and night, and Sunday morning will be when the jam sessions are held and they are open to anyone who brings their own instrument. For those looking to learn a new instrument or further hone their skills, there will be accordion, concertina, trumpet, and clarinet workshops.
Tickets are available at the door and all are welcome. Dance and jam your way through this weekend at Polka Fest in Wisconsin Dells! For more details head to: www.dellspolkafest.com/index.htm.